RE: [oletrucks] Pre-drilling Oak Bed Wood

To: "Dave" <dave@juniorbaseball.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Pre-drilling Oak Bed Wood
From: "Hanlon, Bill" <Bill.Hanlon@COMPAQ.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 19:33:05 -0600
I don't know about AD beds, but when I put a new oak bed in my TF I did
not use the stock (through-wood) mounting bolts.  Instead I used shorter
bolts through the cross brace pieces without extending through the wood.
It probably isn't as strong, but if you are putting in a fancy wood bed
like I did you probably are not going to haul gravel in it anyway.  I
think it looks much better without these bolts.  I've been driving mine
this way for over 3 years and the bed has not fallen off yet.