RE: [oletrucks] AD door

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] AD door
From: Terry Stellman <STELLMAN@noex.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 10:47:19 -0600
A lock can be added to a stock door mechanism, I know because I did it but
you need to have the equipment to do it (lathe, welder, TIME!!!!). I wish
now I would have done something else because the original-style door latches
are junk (I have replaced the original latches with new ones from a vendor)
and they don't work very well.  If you don't need to keep the doors
absolutely stock why don't you go with modern latches or remove the handles
all together and go with electric door poppers or some sort of electric door
locks.  I think there may be other options rather than completely changing
out the doors and you could end up with a better closing door in the
process.

Terry Stellman
1949 3600
Missouri City, Texas