[oletrucks] Chevy 10 bolt rear end

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Chevy 10 bolt rear end
From: Chpmopar@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 20:41:16 EST
I noticed that when I back up, the car was making a groaning noise, vibration
from the rear,  sometimes also when I pull into my inlaws driveway which is
kind of steep I would get the same noise and when taking off from stop sign
and turning right.  I pulled both back tires off to look at shoes and found
the right rear had a seal leak and some gear fluid on the brake shoes.  This
is a 87 police model Caprice 10 bolt rear end (posi) about 112K miles.  Sound
like time for new bearings??  I have done a lot of stuff but not tackled
taking a rear end apart before.  Is this going to be very hard and will I
need special tools?

Thanks

Dennis Larson
53 5 window