[oletrucks] tranny help

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] tranny help
From: Joebeatle64@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 20:51:05 EST
Hi all
   Just bought a tranny looks good but have a question If i have a closed
tork drive shaft can i use a tranny made for an open one. the tranny bolts up
fine but at the rear bearing there is a swival bolt that goes into the tork
drive shaft what does that swival bolt hook on too. I'm not a tranny guy at
all. can someone help me. also can I use the gears inside of this 3 speed on
my old 3 speed???. The person who I bought it from said it should bolt up
fine he showed me and it did but it came off of an open drive shaft yet it is
the same tranny for all 47-54 trucks so i'm confused and need a little help.
                                                Thanks
                                                   Joe ...52 3100... this
tranny came off a 50 3100