[oletrucks] Anyone Have a 235 or 216?

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Anyone Have a 235 or 216?
From: "Theodore House" <thouse@raleys.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 03:31:09 -0700
  I have a '38 half ton with about a 2 inch crack on the block that
leaks water....I have a few questions about this. I have no water yet in
the oil

1.) The motor runs good (with the exception of the crack) I am wondering
if anyone out there has repaired a crack by drilling and using
screws/pins to repair or any other
     way to properly repair it. Is there any kind of kit to buy to
repair it...if I cannot repair it I'll go to option #2
2.) I live in the Sacramento area and am looking for a replacement motor
a good 216 or 235 that can be used as a daily driver. Please email me of
the list if you have one
    to sell.  I am not really willing to travel a long distance to pick
it up. I have no other truck.
3.) Anyone have good tips for what to look for when buying a good used
motor?

Thanks you for your time,
Ted
'38 half ton