[oletrucks] Help installing winshield

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Help installing winshield
From: "kmm 1024" <kmm1024@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 18:09:22 -0700
I just attempted installing my windshield (w/ the stainless) and I wasn't
able to get it in.  I put string in the groove and pulled it around, but I
couldn't get the glass to fit perfectly up against the metal so the flap is
ready to pull in all the way around.  So I'd start at the bottom center and
start pulling towards a side, but the bottom corners would be sticking out,
where the flap couldn't reach to go over the metal.  Is there a better spot
to start at?  Should the windshield be pushed out in the center, and then
get the flap over the outer sides, and then gradually push the center of the
windshield in where it should be?  Also another one of my problems is, that
when trying to get the flap on the lower outside corners, there is about a
1" gap so the flap isn't even near enough to pull over.  If I look at the
glass going into the center rubber strip, theres a slight gap like it isn't
in all the way.  So I try pushing it in but it doesn't go in any further.
(Thought it'd push itself in when installing).  Anyone have any more tips?