[oletrucks] Gas gauge

To: "oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Gas gauge
From: "S Culver" <sculver@mcleodusa.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 16:56:02 -0500
I went through this with the '50, and finally got it worked out.  Problem was
a ground.

Now the gas gauge on the '58 has stopped working.  I have a good ground to the
tank and a good ground to the gauge cluster.  I have the hot wire to the empty
side, and the sending unit wire to the full side.  When I turn on the key, the
gauge jumps straight to the full side, and stays there.  Touching a ground
wire to the sending unit terminal at the tank drops the needle down to about
1/4 tank.

Is there another ground that I'm missing?  I notice that I get 12 volts to the
empty side of the gauge, and about half that to the full side.  Is this a
problem with the gauge?

Thanks!

Smokey