RE: [oletrucks] Early 50's GMC's and bees

To: "'Bob KNOTTS'" <raknotts@qwest.net>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Early 50's GMC's and bees
From: Williams Grant Civ Det 2 418 FLTS/EN
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 13:54:52 -0000
Bob,

My 1950 GMC 1/2T had tube style original.  I believe it was the first year
with the change over from knee-action.  Good luck with the bees.  Had a bad
experience when I was a kid about 10 years.  Out in the garden in my cutoff
jeans, no shirt, and a swarm passed right through the area where I was
working.  Several ended up in my pants.  It was more than a little
embarrassing having my father pull out the stingers.  I think his laughing
throughout the whole incident was the worst part.

Grant
Albuquerque, NM