Re: [oletrucks] gas filler

To: stkcode@yahoo.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] gas filler
From: Ie61pah@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 23:39:59 EDT
Maybe I'm wrong here but aren't those unsafe?

If I recall correctly, in a rear end accident, it
could shove the gas filler neck into the gas tank,
shearing it opening.  Obviously, causing gas to
leak/dump out and become a safety hazard.

I like the idea...hidden, clean looking, out of
way...but are their any safety concerns?

    Well... yea I suppose it could be unsafe. Lets put it in the side, opps
if you get hit in the side it could do the same thing. Lets put it on top,
opps, if you roll over it could do the same thing. Lets have a truck with no
gas tank, then it wont blow up.
  Safety is a great thing, but you cant let it control your whole life. For
the thousands of cars that were made with rear facing gas tanks, the few that
got hit just right to make them blow up, was a very small percentage.
                         Just my opinion...  Pat Hollister  58 step