RE: [oletrucks] gas filler

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] gas filler
From: "Peters, Jon C" <jpeters@sikorsky.com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 07:47:05 -0400
THERE IS A BETTER WAY!
Ok this suggestion is not for the faint of heart. I am not a professional
body man however I consider myself a metal craftsman (I can't make any money
doing it the way I do because it takes so much time).
Anyway...
You can form your fender to the shape of the donor  filler door hole by
making a pair of wood "tools" that simulates the shape of the hole with a
relief for the metal to bend into it (built in radius).

I've done the on numerous cars and trucks. It is a lot in the planning but
it actually strengthens the fender instead of weakening it. It also
eliminates the tedious task of secondary body work. once you're accomplished
you can make your own shaped doors and cutouts.

Is would be a really long string to describe it, if anyone is interested I
will describe the process. Or if you all are interested I will send in
another string.

Let me know
Jon