RE: [oletrucks] gas filler

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] gas filler
From: "Peters, Jon C" <jpeters@sikorsky.com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 11:08:20 -0400
My 92 caprice has it, and every full sized GM has had it sense well I can't
remember... forever is close enough. 96 Impala SS has them.

Leave it in the cab... so when your truck gets t-boned it won't spill out
onto the road just into the cab...

I've survived getting t-boned in the infamous 73-87 Chevy pickups with the
saddle tanks, twice. Gasoline was everywhere, guess what... no boom! (both
times were semi trucks hitting us in excess of 60mph)... but CBS or ABC
tries it (just a tap mind you) and boom! GM, Ford and Chrysler used cab
mounted truck gas tanks for decades, saddle tanks lasted for almost the
same. The cars got rear fillers for decades and we're talking millions of
cars...

Jon P