[oletrucks] Rochester rebuild

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Rochester rebuild
From: "William Schickling" <wschick1@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 21:33:25 -0400
Anyone,

I spent a couple hours today rebuilding my carb (Rochester 1bbl). The truck
was running ok intermittently, I was having trouble with regulating the gas
into the carb. The float was sticking open sometimes and closed others. When
it would stick open I could never get it started because gas was pouring
into the manifold.

I got a rebuild kit. took it al apart and cleaned it good. Blew out all the
passages. Pit it back together and it starts up beautifully got a good idle
by playing with the mixture and the idle screw. I let it warn up and drove
it back and forth in the driveway a couple times. Everything OK. Popped it
in 1st and took off down the road, as the rpms went up it started sucking
air and bucking and finally died. Started right back up and as long as I
babied the gas it ran enough to get home. Sitting in the driveway you can
goose the throttle and everything seems ok, if you move the throttle up
easy, sometimes it hesitates and then revs up pretty high.

Do I need to take it apart and clean it better?  Do I have the mixture
screwed up?

I could use some help or least encouragement.

Thanks.

Bill Schickling