[oletrucks] Pulling/Installing 235

To: <old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: [oletrucks] Pulling/Installing 235
From: "Rob J." <robertjacobs@ureach.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 09:35:37 -0700
I will be pulling the old 235 and installing the new one shortly.  I plan to
remove entire front end sheet metal and radiator core support.  I have a 4
speed in this, but with open driveline (no torque tube).  Will I be able to
pull the entire drive train (engine/tranny) as a combo, or should I remove the
tranny first?

I assume, whatever I do to remove, just reverse to install the new engine,
right?

Finally, what is the best way to hook up to the engine to lift it
(with/without tranny attached)?  I can use head bolts (one front, one rear) on
the old engine, but would prefer not to do that on the new one going in.  If
possible, I'd like to have it completely put together for that process....is
this possible?

Rob