[oletrucks] Speedometer Cable Advice Needed

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Speedometer Cable Advice Needed
From: "Carl & Becky Ham" <the_hams@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 23:10:11 -0500
Putting the finishing touches on my 3 month rebuild (new tranny, power
steering, new wiring, lowered front end) and need some advice on speedometer
cables.

I went from a TH350 automatic to a 2004R and with the speedo connection on
the trans a little further back than the 350, I have just barely enough to
connect the cable to my rebuilt OE instrument cluster in the dash.  I
haven't removed the cable and measured it, but it appears original (metal
casing with larger threaded nut on tranny end and small threaded
nut/connector on speedo end).

Would like to purchase a longer cable so I can remove the instrument cluster
for servicing without crawling under the dash to disconnect the speedo
cable.  Anyone had any experience in buying longer cables that is willing to
share info?  Thanks in advance.

Carl Ham
'56 Chevy TF Stepside
Pontiac, IL