[oletrucks] Motor mounts

To: <old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: [oletrucks] Motor mounts
From: "Rob J." <robertjacobs@ureach.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 08:05:18 -0700
I was on the Chevy Duty webpage, and am confused as to what I need to order so
I can replace the motor mounts (both front and rear).  I am using a 1959
235-6, so I know I need the motor mount that was on my 216...and will have to
modify the front timing cover base plate to accomodate that...but what about
the rear mounts?  Do I order for the 1949, or for the 1959 235?

Will this be determined by the bellhousing I use?  Or to put another way, can
I use the bellhousing from a 216 with the 235?  How can I tell a 216
bellhousing from a 235 bellhousing?  I no longer remember what I used when I
made the 235 swap 7 years ago, so not sure if I have the 216 bellhousing, or
the 235...

I did call Chevy Duty, but all they could tell me was to buy the rear mounts
based on the bellhousing...but even then they didn't sound too sure of
themselves.

Rob