[oletrucks] Leaking carb

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Leaking carb
From: Dana Muise <dana@spazzco.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 11:00:06 -0700
I have a stock Rochester carb (1bl) on my 235, it leaks gas real good from the
brass fitting where the fuel line connects. (This fitting is tight). Does
anyone have suggestions on how I can stop this leak? Is here some kind of
plumbers tape I can use on the threads? Every old GM Rochester I've seen also
leaks gas from between the two carb halfs (including mine). This is my second
carb, and rebuild. It stays dry for a few months but inevitably leaks gas from
the seam. I'm waiting for gas to drip onto the hot exhaust manifold. Is there a
good replacement for this carb?

Thanks!