Re: [oletrucks] Leaking carb

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Leaking carb
From: Dana Muise <dana@spazzco.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 14:14:53 -0700
The fitting isn't stripped, it's snung. It's hard to tell where the leak is
orginating. It looks like it's between the carb and the brass fuel line
fitting. It leaks alot while running, but the heat causes it to evaporate
when it gets to the intake manifold. When I stop the engine it leaks for a
few hours then stops (dribbles all the way down to the exhaust manifold).
The carb always weeps from the halfs.

> If you tightened the brass fitting too tight then you will cause a gap.
Or