[oletrucks] truck bed

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] truck bed
From: Brian J Luebke <luebkeb@zibsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 10:24:07 -0500
Hey Gang,

I recently saved a truck bed from the trash heap. (side note,
I never understand how somebody that is going to trash
something, won't give it to you after you express interest in
it. All of a sudden it has a value and you have to pay, hmmm,
human nature is so interesting)  So, I had to buy this bed so
the guy wouldn't throw it away.

I was wondering if you guys could help me identify the year
of this thing.

It looks like the same box that's on my 46 GMC, but I haven't
had a chance to measure it yet.  I actually don't have it
home yet.

I beleive it's a 30's or 40's chevy long box. it has three
stake pockets on each side.  Sides are unbelievably straight,
I couldn't beleive my eyes.

Anyway, I think the boxes are the same from '34 (guess)
to '46.  Is that true, if not, what differences are there
between the years so I can identify this thing.

My intentions are to sell it, if I can identify the year of
it.  Thanks for the help guys.

Brian
Brian J Luebke
Senior Electronics Design Engieer