Re: [oletrucks] New Life in my 235

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] New Life in my 235
From: "Allen Jones" <jonesal@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 13:15:34 -0700
Different year 235 motors pull rocker oil off different parts of the
internal oiling system (there were several design changes of the rocker
oiling system during the course of production for 235/261 engines).  Several
model years pull oil off the rear cam bearing, some models pull oil off one
of the center bearings (crankshaft or cam - one of the two).  If there is no
oil on the crank/cam, then there will be no oil on the rockers.  However,
given that you have oil pressure at the gauge, it stands to reason that you
either have a clogged system (probable) or you have the rocker oilers set up
(possible).  I sent most of the 235 rocker oiling diagrams to Rob J. several
months ago.  He is now the de facto rocker oiler expert and will have to
chime in when he gets out from under his hood (and you'll need to know what
year your motor is).

Allen in Seattle
'50 3100