[oletrucks] survey of high-speed options

To: Ole Truckers <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] survey of high-speed options
From: tim <lloydt@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 23:35:52 -0600 (MDT)
I've been digging through the archives for some time, looking at different
people's options for running their AD trucks at highway speeds.  I'd like
to ask folks on the list for a brief summary of what modifications they've
done to their AD trucks for running highway speeds.  Overdrive, rear end
swaps, etc.

For reference, my '54 1/2 ton is running the stock I-6 235 engine with
4-speed "granny" transmission and the stock rear end.

Thanks in advance,

Tim Lloyd, lloyd@lasp.colorado.edu
1954 Chevy 3100 1/2-ton pickup "Peanut"