RE: [oletrucks] Door latch info needed

To: STELLMAN@noex.com, Jar73@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Door latch info needed
From: "Old Chevy Pickup" <oldchevypickup@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 15:30:42 -0400
Terry,
I just finished installing Bear Claw latches in my 55 first series rod
project.  I installed the latch in the body and the striker bolt in the
door.  With the installation kit is was very easy to do.  Yes there is
cuting and welding involved but I have replaced all the floors, rocker
panels, cowl section, firewall, door bottoms etc... so a little welding for
the latches was nothing for me.
Keep in mind that I put the latches in the body.  Why? Because I am
converting to shaved door handles and remote door entry so it is much easier
to do with them in the body.
Sorry I couldn't help and more but good luck.

Dan Jacobsen - PA
'49 3100 327/powerglide
'55.1 3100 rodstoration 350/350 MII
'48 4400 Front sheet metal on a '87 chassis
'51 6400 Deluxe Cab and front sheet metal going on above '87 chassis
'35 Dodge Business Coupe - All original