[oletrucks] american classics (?)

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] american classics (?)
From: Dana Muise <dana@spazzco.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 12:25:54 -0700
Has anyone dealt with http://www.americanclassic.com? What was your experience?
They have a great online parts store, but it seems everytime I order something
I regret it.  I ordered a new sunviser, I got something that was made out of
thin cardboard! Sometimes crucial parts are missing from kits (ie; a new
steering dampener). After shipped to the wrong address they applied extra
shipping charges to my credit card without consulting me. Is this just a few
isolated incidents or has anyone else had similar experiences with them? Over
the phone I get the impression they hate their jobs. My favorite parts place is
Patricks, but they don't offer the huge inventory of pre-1960 stock Chevy truck
parts. Can anyone suggest an alternative?
Thanks
-D
1959 Chevy Apache Fleetside