Re: [oletrucks] rear axle seals on TF trucks

To: Wayne Osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] rear axle seals on TF trucks
From: <safesix@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 07:43:01 -0700
I had this problem on my AD GMC. There is often pitting and wear ("witness
marks") on the axle surface where the seal rides. I installed stainless steel
repair sleeves which cost about $20 per axle and are made by Victor, which
also makes the axle seals. They are identical to the crankshaft repair sleeves
theat are sold to prevent leaks from the timing cover seal. I have the part
number someplace but NAPA can get them. They are easy to install, you just
apply some epoxy and press them onto the axle with a long piece of 2" PVC pipe
and a few whacks with a soft hammer. Absolutely stopped the leaks.

Jack / Winter Park FL
www.inliners.org

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002 10:00:15 -0400 Wayne Osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>