Re: [oletrucks] shop

To: "Kevin & Deana Brown" <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] shop
From: "Tom" <tfvjr@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 08:39:07 -0500
I used to work at a facility that made blood analysis equipment, and prior to
putting all the sub-assemblies into the chassis, the techs would carefully
vacuum the large, cabinet-like frames with big 20 gallon shop vacs. The amount
of static electricity generated by this process would cause arcs of
electricity to jump unusually large gaps and ZaPpP unsuspecting passers-by!
(this is the voice of experience talking!).
I can't WAIT to put a pit in my new garage!
After wrestling with the oil pan under my Jeep's V-8 last winter, I'll risk
the fumes! (but NO shop vac!)

Carl, you said "Covering with wood or steel wouldn't be my first choice..."
... What WOULD be your first choice??? Anyone else?

Tom
'55-2
Monroe, Ct