[oletrucks] Early '49 Hood side emblem type?????

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Early '49 Hood side emblem type?????
From: Kevin & Deana Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 18:47:55 -0600
I have seen several conflicting articles about what emblems should be on
the side of the hood for an early '49 (I think that it is early because
of the type of  headliner support that is in the cab).  I have seen some
statements that the Thriftmaster/Chevrolet one piece emblems were for
'47 and '48 trucks and others that say that early '49s had that style
also (as opposed to the two piece Chevrolet / 3600 logos that a late '49
3/4 ton would have).  My hood only has one set of two holes on each
side, but who knows if it is original?  Thanks.

Kevin
'49 3/4 ton Chevy Wrecker