Re: [oletrucks] '49 Chevy Wrecker - Its alive!

To: Don Slaney <ppm@accesscomm.ca>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] '49 Chevy Wrecker - Its alive!
From: Kevin & Deana Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 18:39:30 -0600
I think that the truck has sat for about three years.  It had sat for a
while before then and when the guy I got it from bought it he said that
he got it running and drove it around the yard a few times and then
parked it.  I'm not sure about the motor though.  I haven't managed to
find the casting number yet (it has been very drizzly here lately) but I
don't think that it is a 216 because it has the
short side cover so I imagine that it is a 235 - it sure idled nice and
smooth though.  I was told that it probably burned oil, it did smoke
some when I started it but not excessively so.  The parts truck that I
got with it, that I still haven't picked up yet, has a '54 235 in it
that supposedly runs good.

Take care.

Kevin