Re: [oletrucks] Tie rod ends

To: "Edward Miller" <edngael@open.org>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Tie rod ends
From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 15:11:03 -0500
I'm thinking those replacement ends are strainght and no taper and have a
nut on them to  hold them in arms?
The threads may be left and right so you can adjust buy turning the center
tie rod w/out removing the ends to set
toe-in and such. The part that goes in the tie rod has the diff threads.
  You do have to shop around for the  prices from vendors. Most have the
same parts, diff prices. I still think most are
Import. As far as top/bottom, guess it would work either way if straight
shafted and you can clear everything when suspension goes full travel. My
bigger trucks have the tie rod on top. Seems less likely to fall out if nut
comes loose that
way too. My big trucks DO have taper ends and wouldn't work the other way.

G. L. Perry
Huntington, IN 46750
glperry@fwi.com
Big AD trucks, COE