Re: [oletrucks] '49 Chevy Power takeoff question - does it go

To: <kevin.s.brown@gm.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] '49 Chevy Power takeoff question - does it go
From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 15:38:33 -0500
Yes, some PTO's have two directions. Usually pushing all the way in on knob
will put pto in Nuetral and out
will make it spin. You need clutch in when doing this and still may have
grinding or have to "play" with clutch to
let out some and get trans rolling to engage. I guess on two-direction type,
maybe N is in middle and in for one and
out for other direction. You sure their isn't just a lever out on bed
somewhere to change a gearbox or something?
Doesn't your "load" come crashing down when you pry on the clutch or
whatever? Pretty dangerous I'ld say.
This fella here has lots of old COE's with wreckers, try to call him. He'll
talk your leg off!
Spanky Hardy
Burlington, NC
336-222-8080