Re: [oletrucks] Help

To: "John Howard" <debjonjd@vianet.ca>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Help
From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 12:47:00 -0500
Trucks don't look much bigger, maybe set higher. When you get into 1-ton
panels, then you can see diff. Wheels on bigger trucks, brakes, springs, all
bigger. If rodding, you can't find 3/4 ton disc set-ups or high gear ratios
for your stock axles.
All the body parts and cab area should be same, fenders and grill same.
Frame is beefier, yet you wont notice that. Trim is diff #'s, but can remove
or change if wanted. Engines same, and trannies. May be open drive on bigger
one, and advantage if you are changing rear end. Course if you're gonna just
HACK it and not keep anything stock, all this doesn't matter at all, all you
want is frame and sheetmetal and it's same. Lower it, change drivetrain, big
stereo, independent suspension, tilt-wheel, disc brakes, go at it!

G. L. Perry
Huntington, IN 46750
glperry@fwi.com
Big AD trucks, COE