Re: [oletrucks] Tubes and Radial Tires?

To: "A.B." <bigfred@unm.edu>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Tubes and Radial Tires?
From: Bob Fischer <r.fischerjr@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 07:48:01 -0800
I ran 54 Buick Skyllark wires with radial tires/tubes for over 10 years,
never a problem. The wheels were wrapped with several layers of duct tape
prior to my acquisition, so the previous owner could run them tubeless. I
left the tape and added tubes, but never had problems with air loss in all
those years.
>Hi all,
>Is there any problem with putting tubes in radial tires?
>I have a set of old cadillac kelsey hayes wires that I want to mount some
>radials on, however the rimes will require tubes. When I went to the tire
>shop, they told me it was too dangerous and nobody would do that. Is this
>true? If so How can I get tires onto my wire wheels?
>Thanks
>-alfie

"Nothin lasts forever except old Fords and a natural stone" - Willie Nelson

  http://Bobsplayce.home.att.net   e-mail -->r.fischerjr@att.net