Re: [oletrucks] suspension swap

To: chevy55halfton@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] suspension swap
From: "K Ohlgren" <kjohlgren@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 16:49:14 +0000
Keith
all of the sub-frame swaps that i have read about are super intensive. after
the sub-frame you have to make new body, inner fender, radiator, grill,
bumper mounts. i am looking at using a volare sub-frame on my 58. it appears
that other than a notch, the frame stays intact. you still need motor
mounts, steering & brake modification. i had planned to use the rear end and
brake booster to keep the components matched. i was thinking of using the
steering column but i don't know if i can handle puting the key in
upsidedown.
i helped graft a nova to a 48 chevy car, it was a nightmare.
comments from the gang?
Kurt Ohlgren
58 3200
59 3800