[oletrucks] orig carb color?

To: "NAPCO_trucks" <napco4x4@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: [oletrucks] orig carb color?
From: mark@noakes.com
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 15:00:34 -0800 (PST)
I'm restoring (ie, more than just rebuilding) the Rochester carb for the V8 in
my 58
Suburban.  What is the proper color?  Silver/gray or bronze/cadmium?  The years
had made
it pretty much a dull gray and I thought that was original but when I soaked
it, there's
some cad plating on the inside.

While I'm at it, how about proper color on the carb on my 58 GMC 270 6
cylinder?  Not
even sure if it's a Zenith or not (it's in storage 400 miles away).

Thanks,

Mark Noakes

58/56 Chevy Suburban, 2wd, V8, 3 speed + OD

58 GMC NAPCO 1/2 ton wideside/fleetside shortbed pickup, 6 cyl, 4 speed, orig
power
steering

Knoxville, TN