Re: [oletrucks] vin numbers

To: <ChevTruk53@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] vin numbers
From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 16:42:48 -0500
"New" trucks usually a dealer. How about a shop manual for those 67-72
years? Haynes manuals from Auto-Zones or other places have info in front how
to look. What is it you need to know?  Not sure if you are in the right
years yet, but GM put a sticker in the glovebox doors with 3letter or number
codes to tell all the options and systems on truck. These are universal GM
codes, work for all there vehicles. As an example, C60 means A/C. There are
heavy duty brake codes, or reg too, and color type if two/tone or such.
Dealers have the codes. Yours might be too early for that.  Try the shop
manuals. Some of the vendors for parts have codes on their sites. Find one
that covers your years.

G. L. Perry
Huntington, IN 46750
glperry@fwi.com