Re: [oletrucks] 66 chevy

To: <Old52pu@cs.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 66 chevy
From: "Dingo" <Dingo@centurytel.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 17:05:35 -0500
I previously owned 1 '65 Impala SS, 2 '66 Impalas, and a '68 Impala. There
is a tremendous parts interchange  from '65 to '68. Like the majority of
Chevys, actually. Get a copy of Super Chevy, Chevy High Performance, and
even Muscle Car Review. Then send for the catalogs from the ads. You'll see
what's available for your car. My favorite was to hit the junkyards for the
little pieces/options. Bumper guards, rear window defoggers, trim, emblems,
etc. Get it mechanically reliable first. Paint, interior, window dressings
can come later. Unless you get a heck of a deal on something first. 2 doors
vs. 4 doors? Personal preference comes into play. Both the same from
firewall fwd. and under the sheetmetal. Usually 4 dr. parts are cheaper than
2 dr. because everybody wants 2 dr. stuff so they are priced accordingly.
And 4 doors can make good drag cars too, if ya go that route.
  My 2 cts.? Enjoy the 4 dr......any small block and any tranny will fit.
Headers, cam, 4 bbl., ralleys all around with police caps, and a big back
seat. But that's another story for another time.....

Ed in Mich
'57 3100