RE: [oletrucks] Any more advice on IFS... Nice Truck, Jeff!

To: "List, Truck" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Any more advice on IFS... Nice Truck, Jeff!
From: "Jeff Engel" <jengel@ghnaes.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 11:40:37 -0600
Hi!

Thnaks for the compliments.  I am a long way from complete but at least I
can drive it when I need too!  This will be my daily driver when I finish
it.

I hadn't thought much about moving the springs in.  It might help the ride
but I will still have the problem with the calipers hitting the bed on
extreme bumps.  I think I will need to tub the bed a little.  Tubs for
calipers not tires!  I think the coilover/4-link would look good and from
what I've read in some magazines, it should ride a lot better than the
leafsprings.  Plus, if you use adjustable coilovers, you can fine tune the
ride.  Extra bucks, but it might be worth it for a smoother ride.  That's in
the future for me anyway.

Thanks again.  I will post some pictures when I get more work done.

Jeff Engel
1956 TF