RE: [oletrucks] long box/shortbox

To: "Alain Leclerc" <al69leclerc@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] long box/shortbox
From: "Blaine & Maggie Dumkee" <bmdumkee@auroranet.nt.ca>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 08:06:43 -0700
Alain

I am not sure what chassis will work but to answer a few of your other
questions....

You can still have a fender mounted spare tire with a short box, the fender
has a cut out.

Resale value is significantly lower for a long box as they do not seem
nearly as desirable. But if your goal is to haul full sheets of plywood with
the truck then having a shortbox doesn't work.

Check out www.mar-k.com and see if reproduction long boxes are even made. I
just bought a complete short box (sides, front, cross sills, tailgate, oak
bedwood, with stainless hardware) from Scott's Super Trucks in Penhold AB
for around $2500 CDN.

It comes down what you like and want to do with the truck. If it is going to
be a truck you drive on sunny sunday afternoons, then I would look at making
it a short box.

Blaine Dumkee
Fort Smith NT
Canada