[oletrucks] Question about shifting parts - '50 vs '54... and parts want

To: OleTruck Mail List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Question about shifting parts - '50 vs '54... and parts wanted.
From: Rich Kosiba <kosibar@kolbenet.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 20:20:13 -0500 (EST)
I was looking at my '50 3100 and my '54 3100 and it looks like the
shifting linkages are different. The '50 seems to have three of these
rods... one each for the two levers from the shifter. One of those goes
directly to the transmission. The other goes to a lever with a second rod.
The '54, however, looks like (though mine has been torn apart/modified,
etc) it has four of these rods - two each on the levers from the shifter,
and each of those goes to a separate lever with two more rods going back
to the transmission.

Does this sound like the correct configuration for the shifting linkages
on the '54 vs. the '50?

Also... I need at least those two final rods that connect to the
transmission on the '54. If you have them for sale, please let me know how
much you would like for them. I need to get these so that I can move my
truck around the driveway. :)

Thanks!

Rich