Re: [oletrucks] 51 Chevy - 305 V8 Intake question, covered

To: "trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 51 Chevy - 305 V8 Intake question, covered
From: "Ryan Langford" <rlangford@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 18:37:40 -0800
> I was going to install the intake manifold on the 305 V8 that came with
> the '51 Chevy I purchased a few weeks ago but I ran in to a potential
> problem.

Perfectly normal. As mentioned, the heads have passages on both
sides because they are interchangable from side to side.  There is
never flow over the back side, which wouldn't (shouldn't) flow even
if it did have passage due to how the system works.  Coolant
is pushed up through the cylinder sleeves, through the heads, and then
to the T-stat where it finishes the trip to the radiator, if you had a
cross over in the rear, you would have equal pressure from both heads
looking for "a way out"....no where to go from there.

Ryan
rlangford@attbi.com