[oletrucks] MY IFS install and What is it worth?

To: "OLE Trucks List" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] MY IFS install and What is it worth?
From: "Wayne Roworth" <wroworth@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 16:11:33 -0500
Hey gang,

Weekends fly by when you've got your head under a frame rail drilling and
metal shavings are flying everywhere! Almost finished making all of my
templates to take to the metal fabricator. All of the pieces will be custom
made. Everything is lined up and ready to go. Got the power steering pump
installed. I failed to pick up the PSP bracket when I picked up the IFS. Went
back to the yard and they crushed the C20. Yikes! Looked around and found a
CSB 305 and they said it would fit (mine is a CSB 400). The bolt pattern
looked the same.....but after some "hack" sawing and skinned knuckles, it fits
now! I read somewhere that the steering box is the hardest thing in this
project and they were right. It's really heavy to get aligned just right. I
let the truck sit with full weight on the IFS, looks pretty good. It seems to
sit too high though. My reading told me it would sit lower than stock. There
are two spring spacers on each spring of the C20 IFS. Are these stock on a
C20? Are these causing the extra height?
I want to sell my old suspension. I have had an inquiry about it but I think I
scared him off. You now, you always think your possessions are worth more than
they really are. Should I "part out" or sell complete. For example, what is a
used steering box worth?

Thanks again!

Wayne - 47 Chevy 1 ton Panel.