Re: [oletrucks] Engine colors

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Engine colors
From: mark@noakes.com
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 16:45:14 -0800 (PST)
Ed,

>From my notes from Bob Adler and the Cameo organization per the gray engine
>color:

1--There was quite a bit of variation in shades of gray as GM didn't have an
"official"
shade.

2--There were definitely two tints of gray, a darker gray with a slight green
tint to it
and a lighter gray with a blue tint to it.  The lighter blue tint seems to be
more
correct for the 57-59 era; the PPG paint number is 33750.  I can't find the PPG
number
for the darker gray.

My brother painted the 265 for his 57 Cameo the lighter blue gray; I painted
the V8  for
my 58/56 Suburban the darker gray and then painted the Chevrolet script on the
valve
covers Bombay Ivory...not original (the trucks did not have painted script) but
it looks
cool...

Mark Noakes