Re: [oletrucks] Re: [Early Suburban] Brakes, again...

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Re: [Early Suburban] Brakes, again...
From: Joe Garcia <joegarcia1@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 20:00:29 -0800
I just replaced one that had an internal leak "past the piston cup" and the
fluid would squirt up like your talking about.  The reason I know it was an
internal leak was that sometimes the pedal would be right up their like
normal and other times I would have to pump the pedal slightly to have the
same stopping power.  I also pressed the pedal several times and then held
the pedal down and after about a minute the pedal moved every so slightly
toward the floor.  I replaced the master cylinder, bleed the brakes and it's
like new again.

Joe