Re: [oletrucks] Saginaw 3sp with overdrive

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Saginaw 3sp with overdrive
From: mark@noakes.com
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 15:54:48 -0800 (PST)
Anyone who gets one for less than $200 has done real well, but I would think
that $600
would be way too high.

The OD takes the stock 3.90 down to a 2.73, so the 3.73 would go to 2.61.  I
hope you
don't live in hill country.

The problem with gas mileage is that it depends.  Besides gearing, vehicle
weight,
engine size, fuel delivery system, engine condition, and driving style play an
important
part.  I have an 86 Corvette, 2.73 rear end, 130K miles, 350 V8, modified, 700R4
automatic OD...it gets 27 mpg on the interstate with the cruise set on 70mph
(1800 rpm);
I also have a 86 Chevy pickup, 2.73 rear end, 222K miles, 305 V8, stock, 3
speed lockup
converter auto...I feel real lucky if I can get 12 mpg out of it at any
speed...but when
it was new, it got 22 mpg on the interstate with the cruise set on 55 mph.

I have about 100 pages worth of info that I've collected over  the years so
you'd have
to be pretty specific as to what you might want; I have never seen too much on
the web
per tech details.  If anyone else knows of any web sites, I'd like to know as
well.

Mark Noakes

href="http://mail.noakes.com/jump/http://taxes.yahoo.com&quot;&gt;http://taxes.yahoo";>http://mail.noakes.com/jump/http://taxes.yahoo.com&quot;&gt;http://taxes.yahoo</a>