[oletrucks] Off Kilter Bed?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Off Kilter Bed?
From: BLUCHEETAH@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 00:48:52 EST
Hi Everyone,
It's Susan again, and I've another question. After solving and planning the
intricacies of towing, thanks to everyone on this and the other old truck
list,  I sent a picture of the rear end of the truck to some guys who asked
and one of the Dave's noticed that the bed seemed at an angle while the cab
of the truck was straight. I wrote to the gentleman who is selling the truck
and his reply is, and I quote:  "First, yes, the bed sits at abit of an
angle, but we're talking 50 year old original springs.   There's no sign of
an accident or bend to the frame.  Take a look around at other pickups in the
30, 20 even 10 year range, I suspect you'll see alot of off kilter beds. "
So my question is: Should I accept that this is fairly normal, or due to the
springs?  Any way a regular person can tell if this is a big problem or a
little problem?
Thanks in advance,
Susan B.