[oletrucks] RE: Clutch '51 1/2 ton

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] RE: Clutch '51 1/2 ton
From: Cameo3124@aol.com
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 01:05:30 -0500
The  clutch alignment tools usually enexpensive at the parts stores some are
made of wood other of plasitc. Recently ive seen new and rebuilt clutch kits
coming with plastic ones that become part of your tool collection..if you or a
freind have an old same spline transmission  laying around you can use the
input shaft for a donor clutch tool.. I have been putting clutches in all size
trucks for 30 years and have a collection of differnt ones..there has been
times when I did not have an alignment tool..  I installed the pressure plate
bolts with minimal pressure on the disc so I could move it. I carefully eyed up
the spline space around the pilot bearing  evenly by using a flashlight and
eyesite,, yes this is a lil risky but I have been pretty succesful at it..if
your not experienced with cluthes,, when at the part store ask them for cluch
alignment tools its the best solution and  a lot faster, Nothing beats having
the right tools for the job.........Richard57 cameo,