[oletrucks] Bear Claw Latches

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Bear Claw Latches
From: Bill Broadway <bcubed@vanhalen-irc.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 10:15:35 -0600
I just got my Bear Claw latches and Install plates in and can't wait to get
them in the truck. I figured ordering the plates would simplify the install
and make things look much cleaner. I ended up going with Julianos and was
very happy with the price, packaging (so many places just throw parts in a
box, these were very professional) and the time it took to get them.

My question is, when installing the striker pin, which will be in the door
as I am going the route of putting the latches in the cab and pin in the
door for shaved handles. Should it be done with some sort of captive nut or
some other method for adjustability? Seems like on stock cars if you
loosened the striker pin you could make some minor adjustments and then re
tighten it.

Oddly enough, I just checked some of my old mail and I had originally
looked at buying my latches from Autoloc and they had a floating striker
pin mount, too bad they don't sell it separately.
http://www.autoloc.com/detail.lasso?itemid=BCINST-L

Thanks,
Bill
http://www.vanhalen-irc.com/pro55