RE: [oletrucks] I6 F.I.?

To: "Oletrucks@Autox. Team. Net" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] I6 F.I.?
From: "Greg O. Pace" <59gmc@bigriverbroadcasting.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 11:34:48 -0600
Here's a clip from an AMC faq:

"Until AMC could get a four cylinder of their own into production they
bought GM
2.5L "Iron Duke" engines. This engine had just enough more torque than the
little 2.0L to make a difference. They were used in cars and Jeep vehicles
through
1983. AMC only used them for the three year period 1980-83.

The new, downsized Jeep Cherokee XJ was introduced in 1984 along with the
new Jeep 2.5L four cylinder engine. Because it shares the same size with the
previously used GM four it is often confused with it."

AMC used engines from several manufacturers at times, usually between
development of their own.  The 4.0L is a pure AMC design.  Here's a link to
the faq showing AMC's wild and varied engine evolution:

http://home.att.net/~farna/amtech/AMCRFAQ.txt

GOP