Re: [oletrucks] 4.2 I-6

To: "trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 4.2 I-6
From: "Ryan Langford" <rlangford@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 19:35:56 -0800
> Speaking from the experiance of driving a Jeep with the 4.2 for 90k miles,
> and an old BMW with a 3.5l for 12k miles, you don't want to go with the
> iron cast behemoth from AMC lineage.

The 4.0's aren't too bad, other than the usual cracked exhaust manifolds
and leaking valve cover....lot better than the 4.2's IMO.

> Clearly the swap to do is a BMW M30.  Put a pair of turbos on it and you
> can have 400+ horses.

If you just want to go for horse, they have some really nice hop up options
for the Supra I6's....rather have Toyota than BMW anyday...but thats me.

> As long as you are going to swap engines to something non GM, might as well
> make it interesting.

Now that I'll drink to.

Ryan
rlangford@attbi.com