[oletrucks] front clip alignment

To: "57chevy" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] front clip alignment
From: "Jim Taylor" <lj.taylor@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 19:24:33 -0800
still having problems with front clip guys!
on my 57 chevy stepside i tried jacking the front of the cab to have the
bottom of the fender meet the door but there doesnt seem to be a happy middle.
its closer but still out 1/4 " at the bottom and touching at the top of the
fender to the door.

i was wondering if shims were commonly installed from factory because i dont
have any.

i checked all the body mounts there all brand new last year and installed
correctly.

if anybody has anymore ideas or tricks please let me know. maybe order of
operations for install?

jim.