[oletrucks] small block ID

To: "oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] small block ID
From: "Devin Timmons" <64bowtie@quik.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 16:30:11 -0800
I picked up my new engine today, but I'm a little suspect that it isn't the
283 that it was supposed to be.  It came out of a 66 1/2 ton.  It has a screw
on oil filter, which I don't believe was available then, as well as pluuged
holes for a smog pump in the exhaust manifolds, all of which leads me to
believe this is a later motor.  However, it does have the early small
balancer.  I pulled these numbers off the block:

Frontpass side, stamped into block:

0523                    F0622YA

Cast into rear of block:

3782870

If anybody can ID these for me I would really appreciate it.

Devin