RE: [oletrucks] altenator

To: "Jim Taylor" <lj.taylor@sympatico.ca>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] altenator
From: "Bill Bailey" <billb1@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 08:13:11 -0500
That white wire should be run back to the "Run" terminal on the ignition
switch. As the system was used in the later model cars it went through an
"idiot light" back to the ignition switch. I have heard (and it makes sense)
that it should be hooked back through a resistor if you don't have an idiot
light but in mine someone just went straight backto the switch and I've had
no problems with it. I was going to investigate it some day but for now I've
filed it in the "If it ain't broke..." file.